Tuesday 4 October 2016

Book Review: Ruined by Chanta Rand


The Blurb
Philanderer. Tomcat. Skirt chaser. Heartbreaker. These are all labels thrust upon four-time divorcĂ©, Gerrod Stone. He's ruined any chance he has for a relationship. For years, he’s acted like a dog, treating women like playthings. Now that he’s reached his 50s even he’s tired of his shenanigans. After a life-threatening event makes him reevaluate his life, he swears off all women and self-imposes a vow of celibacy. He refuses to date any woman until he has more to offer.

Full-figured business owner, Swan Peterson is finally living the life she always wanted. Free of her neglectful ex-husband and left an empty-nester when her daughter goes to college, she’s ready to let her hair down and have some fun. She’s starving for the affection of a real man. When she meets handsome Gerrod Stone on a photo shoot, she knows he’s just the man to sink her teeth into. There’s only one problem. Gerrod doesn’t seem to want her. She uses every trick in her box of goodies to ensnare him, but just when she thinks she’s caught him in her web, a host of other characters show up, determined to ruin her plans. 

My Review
I found this mature romance to be highly entertaining. I liked that the hero and heroine had lived full lives before meeting each other. Swan had overcome issues with her ex-husband in order to become a huge success and I appreciated that. I liked the fact that Gerrod was trying to be an honorable man for once in his life only to have Swan try to seduce him.

This was a stand-alone, but I would’ve liked to have read the first book in the series because the characters and the glimpses into their story intrigued me. I guess it’s not too late for me to go back and read Enticed, is it?

I give this book four out of five horse shaped chocolate bars.


I purchased my book from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments.